Thursday, November 4, 2010

Red Embossing Powder - Yippee!!!!!!!!

Today I had to have a puncture repaired and it was going to take an hour and a half to fix it! "No problem" I said as I looked up an saw that I was near Spotlight, a place I very seldom have the time to fossic in.  It was lovely to be able to explore all the goodies that they have in store at a leisurely pace.  As there is no scrap, stamp or craft shop any where near where I live, this is the closest thing that I get - pity they don't sell stamps (or is it just as well that they don't sell them - can't decide which).  Anyway, I discovered RED embossing powder and ideas started to flood into my head.  Here is the first card that I did in the 15 minutes I had between bringing the groceries home and getting the kids from school.  I'm quite pleased with it and can see many variations being stamped out over the next couple of weeks.  Let me know what you think.

What I've Used........

Card: Whisper White, Real Red
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Ink: Real Red
Heat Embossing: SU Silver and Zing Rouge (not as good as SU either - doesn't go nice and smooth but I quite like the effect it has.)
Ribbon and cord from Spotlight

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike.....I'm doing coloured embossing powder for technique class on the 19th. Lovely card, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jo. Today red embossing powder, tomorrow ..... who knows!!!

    ReplyDelete